Esta información es importante. Por favor pidale a alguien que se la traduzca.
January 2020 Update: Recently Passed California Water Conservation Legislation
- Suburban has not implemented any new water use restrictions.
- In response to AB 1668 and SB 606 that were signed into law in 2019 the State of California Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) is working on new water use goals that are not yet in place. (You may visit this link to the SWRCB website which provides more information)
- Water use goals will be determined for the utility’s (Suburban) overall water use; individual customers will not be given targets.
- The goals will be determined using a number of components including: indoor use (starting at 55 gpcd – gallons per capita/person, per day), outdoor/landscape use, water loss, commercial/industrial/institutional use, and variances (i.e. recycled water)
- Suburban will work with customers to use water efficiently and meet the States goals once they have been identified.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact our Water Conservation Manager at (626) 543-2542 if you need more information, or would like to learn how to use water more efficiently.
Suburban has a Drought Contingency Plan that limits your irrigation of outside landscapes or turf with potable water to three days per week. If your house number or business address ends in an even number, like 532 , 4298 or 8266, water on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays; odd numbered addresses Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. What about Fridays? We all take a break. No watering on Friday. Yards will still have enough water to keep them healthy and attractive. For governmental entities irrigating parks, please make sure a station is watered only 3 times per week. There is currently not a time limit on how long you can water, but we recommend you water for the appropriate amount of time to prevent pooling or runoff. Irrigating of landscape is prohibited between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Suburban’s Water Conservation and Rationing Plan is described in our Tariffs and Rates Rule 14.1 document (PDF). We also encourage you to take advantage of conservation programs available on our web site.
Ways that Suburban customers can save water
Water Saving Rebates
Water Saving Rebates are available for numerous rebates such as clothes washers, irrigation controllers, and more. Visit www.socalwatersmart.com and choose “Residential Rebates” to apply. You will need your account # to fill out the online rebate application.
Free Landscape Workshops – Save Time, Save Money and Save Water
Suburban holds classes in April and August each year. Join us for a FREE landscape workshop and learn ways to save water in your yard while keeping your landscape healthy.
- Saturday, April 18, 2020 from 1-3pm at Cameron Park Community Center, West Covina (click for West Covina PDF flyer) OR
- Tuesday, April 22, 2020 from 12:30-2:30pm at La Mirada Activity Center, La Mirada (click for La Mirada PDF flyer)
To register call (877) 405-1736 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number.
For more conservation tips and ideas please visit: www.bewaterwise.com or call Suburban’s Water Conservation Manager at: 626-543-2542.